HECO transported an 80-ton transformer across Oahu today. The truck carrying the massive piece of electric equipment left Honolulu harbor at 7 a.m. then traveled through Honolulu and East Oahu to its final destination in Kaneohe by 9 a.m. When in Niu Valley, the transport vehicle needed to cross over the Niu Valley Stream in the westbound lanes because that portion of the bridge is stronger and able to withstand more than 80 tons. Traffic in that area was stopped for about five minutes.
- Home Depot looking to hire nationwide, Hawaii included
- WATCH: Mayor Michael Victorino discusses the latest updates from Maui County
- Items resembling an explosive found on Hale Koa Hotel property
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter
- Maui police looking to question a man about a Wailuku business robbery