HECO transported an 80-ton transformer across Oahu today. The truck carrying the massive piece of electric equipment left Honolulu harbor at 7 a.m. then traveled through Honolulu and East Oahu to its final destination in Kaneohe by 9 a.m. When in Niu Valley, the transport vehicle needed to cross over the Niu Valley Stream in the westbound lanes because that portion of the bridge is stronger and able to withstand more than 80 tons. Traffic in that area was stopped for about five minutes.
- More sunshine across the islands to end off weekend
- Eddie Stansberry’s clutch triple gives Hawaii 76-75 win over UC Davis
- Kicking of the Chinese New Year in the heart of Chinatown
- Kansas couple robbed in broad daylight next to a busy shopping mall
- High school students statewide compete in Hawaii’s first-ever esports state championship