Tonight, another transfer of equipment is scheduled for a controversial wind turbine project in Kahuku. The transport is scheduled to begin at 11:00 tonight in Kalaeloa. On Thursday, dozens were arrested trying to block trucks from getting through the area. Those against the project say the newer, larger turbines are a danger to native Hawaiian animals and are being built too close to homes. To allow the large turbine parts to pass through, Kamehameha Highway will be closed from Waimea Bay to Kawela Beach on the North Shore between midnight and 2:30 a.m.
- Light and variable winds returning to the islands by Sunday
- More hotels announce reopening plans as pre-travel testing program start nears
- Oahu reopens under tier 1 for at least a month
- For this kupuna restaurant owner, it’s a family affair
- Disney Aulani to start phased reopening on Nov. 1