Tonight’s Hawaiian moon phase is mauli. It is a good night for fishing and for planting dark green vegetation.
Mauli moons usually rise with daylight. Fishing was encouraged due to lower tides, and marriages were often performed on this day.
- More sunshine across the islands to end off weekend
- Eddie Stansberry’s clutch triple gives Hawaii 76-75 win over UC Davis
- Kicking of the Chinese New Year in the heart of Chinatown
- Kansas couple robbed in broad daylight next to a busy shopping mall
- High school students statewide compete in Hawaii’s first-ever esports state championship