On Maui, one man is dead and another man is under arrest after a crash in Kihei early this morning. Police say the car was speeding when it veered of South Kihei road and crashed through a construction site, eventually flipping onto a pile of construction material. The car’s passenger, identified as 48-year-old Gregory Rawlerson of Wailuku, was thrown from the car and died at the scene. The car’s driver ran off, but police eventually found him at the hospital. The 38-year-old was arrested for negligent homicide, excessive speeding, reckless driving and driving under the influence.
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America’s streets
- Ohio family discovers family WWII heirloom tucked away in a box
- Visitor finds 9-carat diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas