On September 23rd, the Honolulu Police Department retrieved a body from the Ala Wai Canal. The HPD said the body was bound and “surrounded by suspicious circumstances.” The woman was identified as 51-year-old Shannon Bartholomew, a Minnesota resident visiting Hawaii. Her body was found on the last day of her trip.
Now, the HPD stated: “This case is presently classified as an unattended death. The investigation has revealed there was no foul play, and we are currently awaiting autopsy results.”
The death is being considered as either an accident or suicide.
- Supreme Court sides with Trump in birth control opt-out case
- Newsfeed Now: Interview with President Trump; Good Samaritan pulls driver from fiery crash
- ‘I’m a grown woman. I know better’: Woman caught on camera making racist remarks at Black Lives Matter protest apologizes
- ‘Grateful’: Good Samaritan pulls driver from fiery crash
- New Normal: What zoos are doing for visitors, staff and animals safety