Kai Kahele was expected to challenge Tulsi Gabbard for her seat in the House of Representatives, but he will no longer be her opponent. Earlier today, Gabbard announced that she will not run for congressional re-election, and will instead focus on her campaign for the presidency. Kahele took to Twitter to respond to the news, saying:
“I wholly respect and appreciate Congresswoman Gabbard’s decision not to pursue re-election for her Congressional seat as she pursues the Presidency. I wish her and her family the best going forward. I remain fully committed to my campaign to becomes Hawaii’s next Congressman.”
- Scattered windward showers to end weekend
- DHHL offers 60 rent-with-option-to-purchase homes on Hawaii Island
- UH men’s volleyball caps perfect regular season with senior night sweep over UC Irvine
- Lydia Ko ends victory drought in record fashion at LOTTE Championship
- Will your kids need to be vaccinated?