When 10-year-old Lucia Dong isn’t playing the flute or ukulele, she’s researching for her next big news story.
Dong from Hawaii Kai is one of 50 Kid Reporters in the Scholastic Kids Press. The kid reporters cover current events and breaking news from their hometowns on a national stage.
The 5th grader’s first news story was published in issues of Scholastic classroom magazines which reaches more than 25 million students nationwide. Her first topic? The controversy over the 30 meter telescope on Mauna Kea.
Despite her age, Dong says she wants to serve as the voice for her generation. To read Dong’s article about the 30 meter telescope, click here.
- Mar. 8: The House is expected to vote as early as Tuesday on President Biden’s COVID relief bill
- Clouds and showers expected for the first half of the week
- Amy Atwell earns second team All-Big West Conference honors
- Newsfeed Now: Fla. sub facing charges after students attacked; 5-year-old boy’s beats go viral
- Social Scene: Harry and Meghan’s interview