UPDATE: Utility work along Likelike Highway in Kalihi has been canceled due to unsafe weather conditions.
Hawaiian Electric will reschedule the work.
HONOLULU (KHON2) — Hawaiian Electric crews will be making emergency repairs to damaged equipment in hilly terrain along Likelike Highway in Kalihi on March 6.
The work will affect Honolulu-bound traffic between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
During the work, trucks will be parked in the shoulder lane and there will be intermittent closures of the far-right Honolulu-bound lane between Valley View Drive and Emmeline Place.
Due to the location and terrain, the work will require climbing and the use of a helicopter.
Safety signage and traffic cones will alert drivers ahead of the work zone. Motorists should anticipate delays and drive with caution when approaching and passing the work area.
- Flash flood watch issued for Kauai and Oahu
- Police charge man suspected of stabbing woman and her child to death in Ewa Beach
- State DOE looking to modify high school graduation requirements
- City working to open a medical, quarantine center for homeless
- City’s parking exceptions now in effect