UPDATE: Utility work along Likelike Highway in Kalihi has been canceled due to unsafe weather conditions.
Hawaiian Electric will reschedule the work.
HONOLULU (KHON2) — Hawaiian Electric crews will be making emergency repairs to damaged equipment in hilly terrain along Likelike Highway in Kalihi on March 6.
The work will affect Honolulu-bound traffic between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
During the work, trucks will be parked in the shoulder lane and there will be intermittent closures of the far-right Honolulu-bound lane between Valley View Drive and Emmeline Place.
Due to the location and terrain, the work will require climbing and the use of a helicopter.
Safety signage and traffic cones will alert drivers ahead of the work zone. Motorists should anticipate delays and drive with caution when approaching and passing the work area.
- Judge ending conservatorship between former NFL player Michael Oher and ‘The Blind Side’ couple
- GOP blames looming shutdown on 21 Republican hold-outs
- First defendant in Trump Georgia case pleads guilty
- Senate Republicans eye short-term funding bill without Ukraine money to avert shutdown
- Milley takes swipe at ‘wannabe dictator’ Trump in retirement speech