The man accused in a deadly shooting over the weekend in Makiki made his first court appearance this morning. 74-year-old Ernest Romero is charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of his neighbor, 71-year-old Gloria Takaoka. According to court documents, after shooting Takaoka, Romero drove himself to the police station and turned himself in, telling an officer “I just shot somebody.” A loaded firearm was also found in his vehicle. Romero remains in custody on $1 million bail.
- Social Scene: Cheating Scandal Rocks MLB
- PHOTOS: Olympic rings arrive in host city on barge into Tokyo Bay
- Aerial footage of an erupting Philippine volcano
- Passing morning showers, with drier conditions expected into the weekend
- ‘Bad Luck Chuck’ isn’t taking any chances for Chiefs’ upcoming AFC Championship game