The man accused in a deadly shooting over the weekend in Makiki made his first court appearance this morning. 74-year-old Ernest Romero is charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of his neighbor, 71-year-old Gloria Takaoka. According to court documents, after shooting Takaoka, Romero drove himself to the police station and turned himself in, telling an officer “I just shot somebody.” A loaded firearm was also found in his vehicle. Romero remains in custody on $1 million bail.
- Working Oahu parents may qualify for aid to accommodate distance learning
- Habitat for Humanity continues to “build” a happier tomorrow
- Last day to drop ballot off or vote in person
- Breezy trades for the islands this weekend
- Head-on vehicle collision hospitalizes 5 by Pearlridge Shopping Center