UPDATE: 10/27: The Honolulu Medical Examiner identified the motorcyclist who died in the H1 crash on Oct. 25 as Francisco Perez, 25, of Kapolei.
Oct. 25, 2019
A 25 year-old man is dead after crashing his motorcycle overnight on the H1 freeway. This happened shortly after midnight, in the westbound direction. Police say the motorcyclist was speeding when he lost control and was thrown from his bike and hit the concrete pillar of the Alapai pedestrian overpass bridge. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Officials say, he was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
- More sunshine across the islands to end off weekend
- Eddie Stansberry’s clutch triple gives Hawaii 76-75 win over UC Davis
- Kicking of the Chinese New Year in the heart of Chinatown
- Kansas couple robbed in broad daylight next to a busy shopping mall
- High school students statewide compete in Hawaii’s first-ever esports state championship