The University of Hawai’i softball team (32-14, 13-5 Big West) returns to host its final home conference series of the season against UC Davis (37-13, 11-7 Big West). The two teams will square off in a rare Thursday night doubleheader on May 9 at 5:00 p.m., followed by a single game on Friday, May 10 at 7:00 p.m. Friday night is also Senior night for seven Rainbow Wahine-Heather Cameron, Brittany Hitchcock, Jennifer Iseri, Jenna Kumabe, Nicole Lopez, Carly Pina and Alyssa Sojka.
Hawai’i (32-14, 13-5 Big West) vs. UC Davis (37-13, 11-7 Big West)
When: Thursday, May 9 at 5:00 p.m. (DH); Friday, May 10 at 7:00 p.m.
Site: Rainbow Wahine Softball Stadium (1,200) – Honolulu, O’ahu
Television: Spectrum sports will broadcast the entire three-game series with Scott Robbs and Kelly (Majam) Elms calling all the action.
Video stream: A video stream of the series will be available at BigWest.TV (must be a Spectrum cable subscriber to stream in Hawai’i).
Radio: Josh Pacheco will be on the call for all three games. Thursday’s doubleheader will be aired on CBS Sports Radio 1500 am While Friday’s game will be aired on ESPN 1420am.
Audio Stream: Thursday’s doubleheader can be heard at www.cbssportsradiohawaii.com. Friday’s game can be heard at www.espn1420am.com. You can follow all three games off the Sideline Hawaii app on mobile devices as well.
Livestats: Fans can find a link to the livestats on the HawaiiAthletics.com’s softball schedule page.
Tickets: Admission is FREE
Series History: UH holds a 15-8 overall record against UC Davis. Last season, UH won the series opener, but fell in the doubleheader as the Aggies took the series in Davis, Calif.
- Last week, the Rainbow Wahine took two out of three games to win the series at CSUN. It marked the first time since 2015 that the ‘Bows took a series over the Matadors and just the second time since re-joining the Big West in 2013. It is the fifth Big West series that UH has won this year.
- Sixth-year senior Brittany Hitchcock earned her second-straight and fifth career Big West Pitcher of the Week honors after recording two complete-game wins at CSUN. She posted a 1.40 ERA in 15.0 innings of work with a walk and three strikeouts. Her three strikeouts moved her up to No. 4 in the UH career record books with 494 career strikeouts. She leads the league in strikeout-to-walk ratio averaging 4.13 strikeouts to walks. Overall, she has 23 walks to 95 strikeouts this season.
- This season, Hitchcock leads UH with a 19-7 overall record and an 11-2 record in conference. She is second in the league with a1.75 ERA and one of just three pitchers in the Big West with sub-2.00 ERA’s. Her 19 wins ties her career high set as a junior in 2017. She has thrown a team-high 156.1 innings with 20 complete games, six shutouts with a save.
- Junior first baseman/catcher Callee Heen has started all 46 games–29 games at first base and 17 at catcher. She continues to lead the conference in home runs (14) and walks (.62 p/game). She is ranked No. 2 in the Big West with 0.98 RBI-per game, slugging percentage (.780), and on-base percentage (.510). She leads UH with 14 multiple-RBI games and six other offensive categories.
- Senior third baseman Nicole Lopez has started 202 consecutive games at third base. She continues to lead the team with a career-high 43 runs scored, 57 hits, 12 doubles and she is 6-6 in stolen bases. Lopez has hit safely in 37 games this season & had a team-high 13 game hit streak earlier in the year.