Fourteen bouts will hit the mat at the Blaisdell Arena on Aug. 13 when the Silent Warrior Challenge pits Team USA against Team Russia.
Fighters from the United States are led by past and current members of the U.S. Military, and a portion of proceeds from the event will go toward the Wounded Warrior Project and helping homeless veterans in Hawaii.
Team USA, known as The Guard, will be captained by Kona native KJ Noons.
The former UFC welterweight and Elite XC champion says that the event will bring a different atmosphere to local MMA fans.
“I think it’s a great event with the military, representing the U.S., especially representing against a strong country like Russia.” Noons said. “It will be a good event for Hawaii. I think to represent your country, there’s a lot more pressure. It’s not just about you training. Training for yourself and your team, it’s exciting.”
Here is a list of the bouts:
- Drew Fickett (USMC vet) vs. Sergei Bal
- Dennis Hallman (U.S. Army vet) vs. TBA
- Donald Sanchez (U.S. Army vet vs. Rasyl Khairulaev
- Jerimy Crawford (active duty U.S. Army) vs. TBA
- Russell Elleby (active duty 82nd Airborne) vs. Valeirty Gritsutin
- Joe Duarte (U.S. Army vet) vs. Rustam Khasanov
- Zevon Durham (active duty 5th Special Forces Group) vs. Sergey Bobrov
- Cory Alexander vs. Oscar Dolchin
- Adrian Thomas vs. Nikolay Baykin
- Nathan Landwher vs. Marat Ilaev
- Jon Sparks vs. Alim Cherkesov
- Canaan Kawaihe vs. Valeriy Palatov
- Kalai Kwan vs. TBA
- Adam Townseld vs. Erik Olagov