Riding a season long four game winning streak, the University of Hawaii men’s basketball team will hit the road this week facing-off with CSUN to open a two-game road-trip to the Golden State.
The Rainbow Warriors, who have won four consecutive games on the Matadors home-court are fresh-off of a Big West Conference schedule opening win over Cal State Fullerton last week, 79-68.
CSUN started their conference slate with two victories having beaten UC Riverside and Cal Poly last week.
Tip-off between the Rainbow Warriors and Matadors is set for Thursday at 5:00pm HST and the game will be available via the Watch ESPN App and ESPN3.com
Hawai’i (10-5, 1-0 Big West) at CSUN (8-10, 2-0 Big West)
When: Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m. PT/5:00 p.m. HT
Where: Stan Sheriff Center (10,300) – Honolulu, HI
Streaming Video: ESPN3/WatchESPN app. Trent Rush (play-by-play), Richie Schueler (analyst), and Matt Brown (sideline)
Radio: ESPN 1420 AM. Bobby Curran. Neighbor islands can listen live on KNUI on Maui, KPUA on the Big Island, KTOH on Kaua’i, and KNWJ in Pago Pago, American Samoa.
Audio Webcast: ESPN1420am.com/Sideline Hawai’i App.
Live Stats: GoMatdors.com
Coaches: Eran Ganot is in his fourth season at UH (69-40). Mark Gottfried is in his first season at CSUN Record (8-10) and 24th season overall (412-258)
Series Information: UH leads, 13-5.
- UH embarks on its first Big West road trip of the year when it face CSUN (Jan. 17) and UC Riverside (Jan. 19).
- The Rainbow Warriors are 1-3 on the mainland this season. This will be just the second true road game of the year for UH.
- The ‘Bows have won four straight at CSUN.
- UH is on a season-long four-game win streak. A fifth-straight win would give the ‘Bows their longest streak since 2015-16 (eight straight wins).
- UH went 6-1 during a seven-game homestand, capped by a 79-68 win over Cal State Fullerton in the Big West opener for both teams on Jan. 9.
- After playing four games in eight days during late December, this will mark just the team’s second game in a 19-day span.
- UH is 1-5 all-time in its first Big West road game of the year. UH is 14-10 under Eran Ganot in Big West regular-season road games.
- After playing CSUN, UH will travel to UC Riverside where the Rainbow Warriors have won three in a row.