The No. 8 University of Hawaii women’s beach volleyball team had its 18-match win streak snapped on Wednesday at No. 2 UCLA.
The Rainbow Wahine lost 4-1, their second loss to the Bruins this season.
All the latest sports news from Hawaii’s sports station
Coupled with a 4-1 win in late February, UCLA has now beaten the Beach ‘Bows 11 straight times dating back to 2018.
The lone point for UH came via Jaime Santer & Ilihia Huddleston, who swept Sophie Moore and Tessa Van Winkle 21-16, 21-17. Huddleston and Santer remained undefeated as a tandem at 13-0 this season, with all of their victories coming in sweeps.
The Beach ‘Bows will next head to Manhattan Beach for the East Meets West Invitational which runs from March 31 to April 1. UH will take on No. 3 Florida State and No. 11 Georgia State on Friday before facing No. 16 Florida International and No. 5 LSU on Saturday.
Live scoring will be available for all four matches, while UH’s matches versus Georgia State and LSU will be streamed.
UCLA 4 UH 1
- Brennan/A. Van Winkle (UCLA) def. Van Sickle/Glagau (UH) 21-10, 21-12
- Jessie Smith/Lexy Denaburg (UCLA) def. Kylin Loker/Riley Wagoner (UH) 21-17, 21-16
- Huddleston/Santer (UH) def. Moore/T. Van Winkle (UCLA) 21-16, 21-17
- Rileigh Powers/Haley Hallgren (UCLA) def. Sofia Russo/Lea Kruse (UH) 21-17, 21-12
- Whitmarsh/Monserez (UCLA) def. Miller/Cowell (UH) 21-12, 21-15
Order of Finish: 4, 2, 1, 3, 5