Some of Hawaii’s best high school football players in recent years have begun to make some noise on the national stage.
With Week 2 of the 2019 college football season now in the books, let’s take a look at some of Hawaii’s best football products and see how they played for their schools on the mainland:
Tua Tagovailoa, Quarterback, Alabama
- 16-of-24, 227 yards, four total touchdowns (three pass, one rush) in 62-10 victory over New Mexico State.
Vavae Malepeai, Running back, USC
- 12 carries, 42 yards and two touchdowns in 45-20 victory over Stanford.
Mika Tafua, Defensive end, Utah
- Two tackles in 45-20 victory over Stanford.
Bradlee Anae, Defensive end, Utah
- Four tackles, three sacks and a forced fumble 35-17 victory over Northern Illinois.
Kekaula Kaniho, Safety, Boise State
- Four tackles in 14-7 victory over Boise State