HONOLULU (KHON2) — The City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed in observance of Presidents Day on Monday, Feb. 15.
The holiday schedule for the City and County of Honolulu operations include:
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Saturday schedule. Click here for route and schedule information.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill are open.
- Parks and botanical gardens are open. Click here for park use guidelines.
- Municipal golf courses are open. Click here for revised play information.
- The Honolulu Zoo is open.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers are closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai over the three-day holiday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Ave. along Queen Kapiolani Park, metered parking lots and meters on specific Waikiki streets. Click here to see the list of Waikiki streets.
All public libraries and library support offices will be closed. Due to the holiday, three libraries that are normally closed on Fridays will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 12: Aiea, Hawaii Kai and Makawao. Click here for the holiday schedule or call your local branch library.