HONOLULU (KHON2) — USS Arizona Survivor Donald Stratton passed away on February 15 according to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam. He was 97 years old.
Stratton’s Facebook page says he passed away peacefully in his sleep surrounded by his wife of nearly 70 years, Velma, and his son Randy.
He is an author of New York Times Best Seller titled All the Gallant Men.
He was one of the last few remaining survivors. He attended many of the Pearl Harbor remembrance ceremonies.
His Facebook page says one of his final wishes was that people remember Pearl Harbor and the men aboard the USS Arizona. Share their story and never forget those who gave all for our great country.
His children are Robert, Randy, Gypsy and Roxanne Jo. He was a grandfather and great-grandfather.
- ‘True champion of supporting businesses’ takes reigns as President at CPB
- Hawaii’s Ray Cooper III makes weight ahead of Wednesday’s PFL Welterweight Championship
- TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube questioned by US lawmakers about child safety
- Brian Laundrie remains: No DNA analysis performed yet, medical examiner says
- Yes, Alexa is recording you. Here’s how to delete recordings from your Amazon Echo