HONOLULU (KHON2) — A gas leak at popular restaurant Uncle’s Fish Market and Grill led to an evacuation on October 10 at 12:27 p.m.
Three units Honolulu Fire Department, including the Hazardous Materials Unit (HAZMAT) staffed with 11 personnel, responded to this incident. The first unit arrived at 12:27 p.m., established command, and investigated further.
An employee reported hearing a hissing sound coming from a 500-gallon propane tank outside of the building. HFD personnel isolated the propane tank and evacuated the building with the following businesses: Uncle’s Fish Market and Grill, Fresh Fish Company, and National Oceanic Atmospheric Association.
Hawaii Gas arrived on the scene to assist with the hazard assessment. HAZMAT conducted an air quality analysis with negative findings inside of the businesses. Hawaii Gas determined that it was safe for occupants to return inside. No injuries were reported for this incident.
- Heavy rain and gusty trade winds return to the islands this weekend
- Family dog joins boy in timeout
- Wedding, prom and party favor businesses warn to buy early amid coronavirus closures in China
- 9th Island Nightlife — February 27th
- Coronavirus disrupting Coca-Cola supply chain