HONOLULU (KHON2) — After nearly four years at Ala Moana Center, Uncle Clay’s House of Pure Aloha (HOPA) has closed down permanently.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
In an Instagram post on Aug. 22, the company said even before the pandemic business there had been “Teetering on the brink of not making it.”
Sales dropped even more when COVID-19 struck, and the company says that was the last straw.
The Aina Haina HOPA location will remain open.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Newsfeed Now: FDA finds Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine effective and safe; veterinarians say six-legged puppy ‘a miracle’
- Biden administration to deliver 25M free masks to those in need
- Social Scene: BTS performs on MTV Unplugged
- More than 3.4 million Texans still facing disrupted water supplies, authorities say
- Tiger Woods faces hard recovery from ‘significant’ injuries in car crash