HONOLULU (KHON2) — High surf advisory in effect until 6 am Tuesday for north and west facing shores of Niihau, Kauai, Oahu, Molokai and north facing shores of Maui.
The high surf advisory is also for north facing shores of the Big Island.
Trade winds will continue today, and then weaken significantly Tuesday and Wednesday, with light and variable winds then persisting through next weekend.
The trade winds will deliver clouds and passing showers, mainly to windward areas, into tonight.
The lighter winds will allow clouds and showers to develop over island interiors during the afternoons, with general clearing at night.
A passing disturbance aloft may lead to some heavier afternoon showers from Tuesday into Thursday, followed by a drier regime Friday into next weekend.
A weak cold front may approach Kauai in about a week.
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Light trade winds into new week
- Popular Farm to Car program returns to provide local produce for Oahu residents
- Huge decrease in number of active COVID-19 cases due to improved data entry methods by DOH
- Mayors to decide whether to keep or lift inter-island quarantine, or require additional testing