Honolulu Fire Department investigators say a house fire in Palolo on Saturday was started by a lithium ion battery failure.

The blaze was contained to a detached garage.

Investigators say a model airplane with the lithium ion battery was being charged.

Experts say you should take extra caution when using that type of battery.

“If you drop a battery, whenever you have it and drop it on a hard surface, beware that you did and might have done some damage,” said Bill Ogawa of Battery Bill’s. “If the battery feels hot – not warm – because almost all batteries get warm, let that set off an alarm in your mind that something might be wrong and pay close attention.”

No one was injured in the fire.

Damage is estimated at $89,000.