HONOLULU (KHON2) — A warning tonight about a weight loss drug that new studies are now linking to cancer.
It’s called Belviq, but also goes by the generic name Lorcaserin.
According to the FDA, clinical trials found that people who take it showed an increased risk for a number of cancers, including pancreatic, colorectal and lung.
The drug is now being pulled off the shelves.
If you’ve taken this drug or are taking now, talk to your doctor.
- “I hope one of y’all pick me,” 9-year-old boy desperately wants a place to call home
- ‘I had no clue it would impact so many’: Texas teacher’s back to school Facebook post goes viral
- “White Pride” billboard in Arkansas gains attention again, thousands sign petition for removal
- Light trade winds for the island through next week
- Maui County may see bump in COVID-19 case numbers soon