HONOLULU (KHON2) — A warning tonight about a weight loss drug that new studies are now linking to cancer.
It’s called Belviq, but also goes by the generic name Lorcaserin.
According to the FDA, clinical trials found that people who take it showed an increased risk for a number of cancers, including pancreatic, colorectal and lung.
The drug is now being pulled off the shelves.
If you’ve taken this drug or are taking now, talk to your doctor.
- Mahoning County engineer says flushing wipes can lead to flooded basements
- Doctor testing Hawaii residents for COVID-19 expects to see a surge in positive cases
- Spotty heavy showers continue into Sunday
- Hawaii’s Most Wanted: Paul Naki
- Prince Resorts Hawaii closes 3 hotels