HONOLULU (KHON2) — A warning tonight about a weight loss drug that new studies are now linking to cancer.
It’s called Belviq, but also goes by the generic name Lorcaserin.
According to the FDA, clinical trials found that people who take it showed an increased risk for a number of cancers, including pancreatic, colorectal and lung.
The drug is now being pulled off the shelves.
If you’ve taken this drug or are taking now, talk to your doctor.
- Japan to close schools nationwide to control spread of virus
- Social Scene: The Truth about Expensive Cars
- Sunshine and breezy conditions continue Thursday, with changes coming into the weekend
- Two men hospitalized following a head-on crash on Moanalua Freeway
- Stronger winds and heavy rain expected this weekend