WASHINGTON (AP) — Hope Hicks, one of President Donald Trump’s closest aides, has tested positive for the coronavirus.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Hicks, who serves as counselor to the president and traveled with him to a Wednesday rally, tested positive Thursday, according to an administration official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss private health information. She is the closest aide to Trump to test positive so far.
Hicks traveled with the president multiple times this week, including on Marine One, the presidential helicopter, for a Minnesota rally Wednesday, and aboard Air Force One to Tuesday night’s first presidential debate.
Hicks previously served as White House communications director and re-joined the administration this year ahead of the election.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Breezy trade winds on tap for the weekend
- Families rush to buy Christmas trees after Thanksgiving
- Honolulu city councilor calls on adjustments to the state mask-mandate
- California woman dies after serious vehicle collision in Kailua
- Shoppers flocked to malls for Black Friday but it was different this year