SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – Firefighters rescued a small dog who had been stuck in a drain pipe on the UC Santa Barbara campus for three days, officials said.
The Santa Barbara County Fire Department shared photos of their rescue of 2-year-old Sophie on Thursday.
The 10- to 15-pound dog had been missing for about a month from her home, which is about five minutes away, Capt. Daniel Bertucelli told KEYT in Santa Barbara.
How Sophie ended up in the 18-inch pipe remains a mystery, but the fire department said the dog was spotted in the area earlier in the week.
It took crews about 20 minutes to retrieve Sophie using a hose to coax her to the surface, according to fire officials.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- Flash flood watch in place for all islands through Tuesday
- East Honolulu residents call Monday flood similar to 2018
- Maui woman dies after car swerves off cliff on Kahekili Highway
- CVS completes first round of COVID-19 vaccines at Hawaii’s long-term care facilities