HONOLULU (KHON2) — If your job has you stressed you out, here’s a simple tip to help — put a plant on your desk.
Researchers in Japan studied workers’ changes in stress-levels with and without plans.
They found that looking at a plant for a few minutes a day reduced their scores on anxiety tests.
Plant-watching-employees also had lower heart rates.
The lead author suggests that employers actively encourage “nature breaks” to help the mental health of their employees.
- No. 13 UCF overcomes slow start as Mililani’s Dillon Gabriel tosses 4 touchdowns in 51-28 rout over East Carolina
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- High court front-runner Amy Coney Barrett hailed by right
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic