NEW YORK (KHON2) — New Year’s Eve festivities in Times Square will be a lot less exciting this year.
Crowds will not be allowed to gather in Times Square, and the ball drop will be virtual.
Organizers say that there will be some small, scaled-back live events that will follow social distancing guidelines.
An in-person audience of the events will be limited to a small group of honorees.
The ball has been lowered every New Year’s Eve since 1907, except in 1942 and 1943 in observance of wartime blackouts.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Registration begins Tuesday for virtual park activities
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day
- Fire destroys Waipahu family home; house fires impact dozens in Hawaii two weeks into 2021
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 150 new cases, brings state total to 24,058
- State Department of Health Director Dr. Char discusses vaccination rollout