HONOLULU (KHON2) — It’s been considered one of the healthiest lifestyles in the world, and now researchers have identified more benefits of the Mediterranean Diet.
It’s a plant-based diet rich in fruits, veggies, grains, nuts, and seeds — and a new study found that eating the Mediterranean Diet for just one year — improved brain function.
They say the diet stopped the production of inflammatory chemicals that can affect memory, and even can prevent the development of diseases like diabetes and cancer.
- Hawaii’s Kitchen: Tex808 BBQ & Brews
- Governor David Ige orders flags at half-staff in honor of National Peace Officers’ Memorial Service
- Infrastructure bill: President Biden pushes plan amid bipartisan tensions, Dems infighting
- Brian Laundrie search: Officers carrying large rifles into Carlton Reserve are ‘training and searching,’ police say
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter announces Waihee, Maui, couple as longest Married Couple in 2021