HONOLULU (KHON2) — It’s been considered one of the healthiest lifestyles in the world, and now researchers have identified more benefits of the Mediterranean Diet.
It’s a plant-based diet rich in fruits, veggies, grains, nuts, and seeds — and a new study found that eating the Mediterranean Diet for just one year — improved brain function.
They say the diet stopped the production of inflammatory chemicals that can affect memory, and even can prevent the development of diseases like diabetes and cancer.
- CDC team coming to Oahu to investigate coronavirus surge in Leeward Oahu
- Kamehameha Schools in negotiations with potential operator for Volcano Golf Course
- Department of Public Safety confirms three workers at Maui Community Correctional Center tested positive for coronavirus
- 9th Island Night Life July 27
- Pier 2 vaccination center to close and reopen at Kapiolani Medical Center