HONOLULU (KHON2) — It’s been considered one of the healthiest lifestyles in the world, and now researchers have identified more benefits of the Mediterranean Diet.
It’s a plant-based diet rich in fruits, veggies, grains, nuts, and seeds — and a new study found that eating the Mediterranean Diet for just one year — improved brain function.
They say the diet stopped the production of inflammatory chemicals that can affect memory, and even can prevent the development of diseases like diabetes and cancer.
- Second stimulus check: Report shows first payment saved thousands from poverty
- Social Scene: Open Street Sundays
- All lanes on Pali Hwy. Kailua bound are now reopened following fatal crash
- Newsfeed Now: 4th of July party goes viral; Tracking Bruno the Bear
- Tokyo Olympics seek COVID-19 defenses, but what exactly?