NEW YORK (NewsNation Now) — Americans are commemorating 9/11 with tributes that have been altered by coronavirus precautions, including of the annual reading of the victims’ names.
They’re recorded this year, not live. Organizers of the New York ceremonies chose to do away with the stage, as they work to discourage one of the things we’re all being asked to avoid: crowds.
Following the name reading, NewsNation New York correspondent Tom Negovan checked in with Newsfeed Now and shared what’s happening in the city to honor the victims.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek
- Dogs being trained to sniff-out COVID at Maui non-profit
- Breezy trade winds to continue on Thanksgiving Day, with windward and mauka showers
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America