NEW YORK (NewsNation Now) — Americans are commemorating 9/11 with tributes that have been altered by coronavirus precautions, including of the annual reading of the victims’ names.
They’re recorded this year, not live. Organizers of the New York ceremonies chose to do away with the stage, as they work to discourage one of the things we’re all being asked to avoid: crowds.
Following the name reading, NewsNation New York correspondent Tom Negovan checked in with Newsfeed Now and shared what’s happening in the city to honor the victims.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Mikey Monis Meets Up and Coming Recording Artist, Chauncy Bermodez
- Take Masterclass with Janet Jackson’s Makeup Artist Preston Meneses
- Having worked through difficult terrain in the offseason, Hawaii’s Wayne Taulapapa eager to run as Virginia’s featured running back in 2020
- Ho’ōla Nā Pua Warns of Sex Trafficking & Exploitation & Offers Help
- City of Honolulu will resume in-person customer services on Sept. 24