Kobe Bryant will be named as one of the 2020 inductees in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
Hall of Fame chairman Jerry Colangelo confirmed what was already a foregone conclusion, speaking to The Athletic: “Kobe will be honored the way he should be.”
In December, Bryant was nominated alongside Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Tim Hardaway and Muggsy Bogues. The 2020 class will be officially announced in April.
In 20 seasons in the NBA, he was a 5X NBA Champion, 2X NBA Finals MVP, 1X NBA season MVP, 18X All-Star, 4X All-Star Game MVP, 11X All-NBA First Team, 9X All-Defensive First Team, 2X season scoring champion, and 1X Slam Dunk Contest champion. He also won Olympic gold medals in 2008 and 2012.
- Adventist Health Castle to offer a drive-thru flu shot clinic
- Drought conditions hurting farmers and increasing chance of wildfires
- Moderate to breezy trade winds prevail
- Some hotels plan to reopen Oct. 15, others will remain closed
- Two separate deaths reported at Kaimana Beach, Magic Island