HONOLULU (KHON2) — It’s been around forever, but now there is some new competition for Kraft’s Mac & Cheese.
Cheetos and it’s parent company Pepsico say that they’ve got a winner in their new macaroni dishes.
The company is launching three flavors of its new Cheetos branded mac ‘n’ cheese, Bold-and-Cheesy, Flamin’ Hot and Cheesy, and last but not least, Cheesy Jalapeno.
The food wizards at Pepsico have already collected audience research that suggests they’ve got a winning idea.
The concept came from a fan who was already using Cheetos to make a home-made mac ‘n’cheese.
It seems members of the Cheetos cult are serious about developing and sharing recipes.
The new mac ‘n’ cheese will be available in boxes and single-serve cups, and only at Walmart stores.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Heavy rain possible for the islands starting late Sunday
- Maui Mayor Victorino’s rule changes start Tuesday, what people can expect
- Hawaii north shores brace for 50-foot waves
- Big Island police successfully resolve barricade situation