HONOLULU (KHON2) — It’s been around forever, but now there is some new competition for Kraft’s Mac & Cheese.
Cheetos and it’s parent company Pepsico say that they’ve got a winner in their new macaroni dishes.
The company is launching three flavors of its new Cheetos branded mac ‘n’ cheese, Bold-and-Cheesy, Flamin’ Hot and Cheesy, and last but not least, Cheesy Jalapeno.
The food wizards at Pepsico have already collected audience research that suggests they’ve got a winning idea.
The concept came from a fan who was already using Cheetos to make a home-made mac ‘n’cheese.
It seems members of the Cheetos cult are serious about developing and sharing recipes.
The new mac ‘n’ cheese will be available in boxes and single-serve cups, and only at Walmart stores.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Sonic employees turn the pavement into dance floor for seven-year-old with Downs Syndrome
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership