HONOLULU (KHON2) — National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is Saturday, Oct. 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For the first time, the Drug Enforcement Agency will be accepting vaping devices and cartridges.
If your e-cigarette comes with a lithium ion battery, you must remove the battery first.
You’re encouraged to bring your unused and unwanted prescription medications to be properly disposed of.
The initiative is aimed at cutting down on theft and drug abuse.
It also helps keep these chemicals out of our ground and water supply.
Last year, the DEA collected about 5,000 pounds of drugs statewide.
For more information, click here.
- More sunshine across the islands to end off weekend
- Eddie Stansberry’s clutch triple gives Hawaii 76-75 win over UC Davis
- Kicking of the Chinese New Year in the heart of Chinatown
- Kansas couple robbed in broad daylight next to a busy shopping mall
- High school students statewide compete in Hawaii’s first-ever esports state championship