HONOLULU (KHON2) — Maui police responded to several calls over fireworks violations as 2020 drew to a close.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
MPD says a total of 99 calls were received, resulting in 32 fireworks violation incident reports being generated and four people getting cited.
Police also seized 177 pounds of illegal aerial fireworks, valued at over $12,000.
Two accidents involving injuries due to fireworks and four firework-related fires also occurred leading up to the new year, MPD noted.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds easing in the coming days
- Hawaii’s hospitality industry prepares for spring break influx of visitors
- A spectacular underwater look at humpback whales, their amazing learned behaviors
- Hilton Hawaiian Village to resume ‘Waikiki Starlight Luau’
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill