HONOLULU (KHON2) - Hawaii Foodbank is helping take a bite out of hunger by hosting its 12th Annual Great Chefs Fight Hunger Fundraiser this Saturday, March 24.
This morning on Wake Up 2day, Beverly Santos Special Events Manager for Hawaii Foodbank and J. Schoonover, Executive Chef at 12th Ave. Grill joined us in studio to talk about this year's event.
Santos say Hawaii's greatest chefs and pastry chefs will come together at the Hawaii Foodbank Mapunapuna Warehouse to feature delicious samples of savory and sweet dishes, fine wines, sakes and beers, and live entertainment.
The proceeds generated from the event will help Hawaii Foodbank to continue providing food assistance to more than 123,000 households.
General admission tickets are priced at $200. VIP tickets and tables are also available. VIP entry is at 5 p.m.; general entry is at 6 p.m. Guests can try their key at unlocking the Cellar Door for a chance to win a fine selection of wines and liquor.
For ticket sales call (808) 836-3600 or you can purchase online at www.hawaiifoodbank.org.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Honolulu Fire Department responds to two-alarm house fire in Kalihi
- Firefighters contain brush fire in Ewa Beach
- Fatal shooting in Honaunau. Police are searching for the suspect
- Breezy conditions tonight with a moon phase good for fishing