HONOLULU (KHON2) - Know someone looking to further his or her education? You can nominate a friend, family member, coworker, or even yourself for a $10,000 scholarship to Argosy University, Hawaii! KHON2’s panel of judges will be awarding one scholarship per month through 2018, so submit your nomination today.
1. Sponsors. This contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by KHON2 (“Station”), 88 Piikoi Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813 and Argosy University Hawaii, 1001 Bishop St Suite 400, Honolulu, HI 96813 (collectively, the “Sponsor(s)”). This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal. 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to permanent legal U.S. residents who reside within KHON2’s viewing area, who are at least 15 years old, attend a local high school as a senior student in good standing, at a high school within the Station’s viewing area, at the time of entry. Current or former employees of KHON2, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in KHON2’s viewing area, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes Contest materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Participants are eligible to win a KHON2 contest or sweepstakes only once every 365 days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a scholarship valued at $10,000. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply. 3. Entry. This Contest will accept entries (“Nominations”) beginning on February 9, 2018 at 6:00 pm and ending on January 29, 2019 at 12:00 am (the “Entry Period”). To enter the Contest, entrants (“Nominators”) must visit www.khon2.com/contests and fill out the entry form. Entries/Nominations must include the following information:
- Entrant/Nominator’s name, date of birth, address, telephone number and email address.
- Student nominee name (“Nominee”), date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail, name of high school, achievements and brief description of nominee’s extra circular academic, sports or community service activities.
- Name of Nominee’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s), home address, telephone number, e-mail – if Nominee is under 18 years of age at the time of entry.
Entrants must also a short original essay, limited to a 1000 words or less, about the nominee in order to enter. All essays must conform to the essay restrictions below in order to enter. Incomplete or non-conforming entries will not be considered. All entries must be received by January 29, 2019 at 12:00 am. One (1) entry per person will be accepted. A panel of five (5) judges, comprised of Station employees, will review all eligible entries/Nominations submitted throughout the Entry Period. Each month, on the last Wednesday of the month, beginning in March 2018, the panel will review the entries and select a monthly winner. The monthly winner will be announced at 8:40 am on the following day – Thursday. Accordingly, one (1) monthly winner will be announced on the following days:
- February 27, 2018
- March 27, 2018
- April 24, 2018
- May 29, 2018
- June 26, 2018
- July 31, 2018
- August 28, 2018
- September 25, 2018
- October 30, 2018
- November 27, 2018
- December 18, 2018
- January 29, 2019
The judges will consider the following criteria when selecting the monthly winner:
- 50% - Demonstration of desire and commitment to continue,
- 40%- Demonstration Financial Need, and
- 10% - Leadership and/or Involvement in Extra Circular Activities (academic, sports or community service) which includes quantity, quality, duration and community impact.