HONOLULU (KHON2) - Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation Executive Director Andrew Robbins held a news conference regarding a second federal subpoena.
The subpoena was issued due to overpayments made towards businesses relocating as part of the rail project. Robbins explained that HART will be working with a federal specialist to fix issues, most of which were already found through internal audits.
The Honolulu rail project will continue day-to-day operations during this process.
HART filed for an extension, due to the number of documents requested. KHON2 has obtained a copy of the official subpoena.
The subpoena requests the following:
1. The Overland, Pacific and Cutler (OPC) Internal Relocation File Audit Report prepared on December 5, 2017 by Michelle Folk, for Honolulu Rail Transit Project.
2. The Overland, Pacific and Cutler (OPC) Internal Relocation File Audit Report prepared on October 26, 2018 by Michelle Folk, for Honolulu Rail Transit Project.
3. HART's Real Estate Acquisition Management Plan.
4. Relocation files for the 18 relocation files referenced in OPC's December 2, 2017 reports. Records for the 18 relocation files include, but not limited to:
a. Title Work
b. Appraisals, appraisal reviews, and FTA concurrence.
c. Offers to owners
e. Relocation notes
f. Negotiation log
g. Records of Reloation Assistance
5. Records identifying companies and personnel who worked as Right of Way consultants or staff for HART to administer relocation services.