HECO fixes underground power line in Waikiki

Local News
ena road manhole (2)_85762

Emergency crews were called to Waikiki Thursday night after smoke starting coming out of a manhole.

It happened at around 7:30 p.m. on Ena Road, near Wailana Coffee House.

According to Hawaiian Electric, the smoke was caused by a short circuit in an underground power line.

No one lost power, but the road was closed off for a short time while crews responded to the incident.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.