Gov. David Ige issued an eighth supplementary emergency proclamation, extending the disaster relief period for the Kaua‘i floods of April 2018.
The emergency proclamation applies to Kaua‘i only. It extends the authority to spend state funds as appropriated to protect the health, safety and welfare of Kaua‘i residents. It also supports the state’s efforts to provide efficient relief of suffering, damage and losses caused by the flooding.
Gov. Ige signed the initial emergency proclamation on April 15, 2018, followed by these supplementary proclamations:
- Supplementary proclamation issued April 18, 2018
- Second supplementary proclamation issued June 17, 2018.
- Third supplementary proclamation issued by Acting Gov. Douglas S. Chin on Aug. 16, 2018
- Fourth supplementary proclamation issued Oct. 15, 2018
- Fifth supplementary proclamation issued Dec. 14, 2018
- Sixth supplementary proclamation issued Feb. 12, 2019
- Seventh supplementary proclamation issued April 12, 2019
The current, eighth supplementary emergency proclamation extends the emergency disaster relief period for Kaua‘i until August 7, 2019.