Hawaiian Electric Company crews will be replacing 11 utility poles and overhead power lines along Walker Avenue in Wahiawa from Oct. 16 through Oct. 29, excluding weekends, to improve the distribution system in the area.
The work will require lane closures in the immediate work areas from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
There will also be two overnight work periods on the evenings of Oct. 24 and Oct. 25. Traffic will be contraflowed in the work areas.
Crews will start the work at the Wahiawa Freshwater State Recreation Area, progress along Walker Avenue, and complete the work past the Olive Avenue intersection.
The daytime schedule along Walker Avenue will be:
- Oct. 16 and Oct. 17, near the state recreation area
- Oct. 18, from the state recreation area to Olive Avenue
- Oct. 19, from Avocado Street to Olive Avenue
- Oct. 22, from the state recreation area to Avocado Street
- Oct. 23 and Oct. 24, from Avocado Street to Olive Avenue
- Oct. 29, at the intersection of Walker Avenue and Olive Avenue
The evening schedule will be:
- Oct. 24 8 p.m.–4 a.m. Oct. 25, on Walker Avenue from Avocado Street to Olive Avenue
- Oct. 25 10 p.m.–5 a.m. Oct. 26, at the intersection of Walker Avenue and Olive Avenue
The lane closures will be marked with traffic signs and cones.
Special-duty police officers and flagmen will help direct traffic.