HONOLULU (KHON2) — Kihei Bale Sandwich & Vietnamese Food on Maui was issued a red placard after a health inspector saw a roach infestation in the kitchen on Friday, Nov. 6, 2020.
The restaurant closed and a follow up inspection is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 10.
A customer found a roach in their order and complained.
When the inspector came, there were 40 to 50 roaches in the kitchen. They were found on disposable pans, food packages, prep chill units and cabinets. A small roach was seen on vegetables in the prep chill unit.
The restaurant is located at 225 Piikea Avenue Suite 95.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 20 new cases, with 2 additional fatalities
- Human smuggling investigation underway after semitruck hits SUV carrying 25 people, killing 13
- NY governor apologizes after sexual harassment allegations; lawmakers push for investigation
- Lt. Gov. Green wants to eliminate inter-island quarantine
- ‘Bows Basketball hits the road to close out regular season schedule with Big West Tournament seeding on the line