The winter vacation for keiki is just around the corner and Kamaaina Kids is here for you.
They have programs across the state, but they also have some great ideas you can do to have fun with your keiki at home. “Cookie in A Jar,” is a great activity to do with the whole family.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix salt and baking soda with the flour, then pour into a quart mason jar, then add Brown sugar, press down as much as possible. Add white sugar then top with chocolate chips.
- Attach directions to the jar.
Chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup unsalted butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in 1egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix in cookie mix. Drop teaspoon of dough, space well apart onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks and Enjoy!