HONOLULU (KHON2) — Police were called after items that resemble an improvised explosive device (IED) was found on the property of the Hale Koa Hotel on April 14 around 12:31 p.m.
Officials say that surveillance footage of a man was seen carrying items resembling the components of the IED.
The unknown man is described to have a fair complexion and gray hair. He was seen wearing a gray t-shirt, dark shorts, and slippers. He was also riding a bicycle.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 955-8300. The public can also go to www.honolulucrimestoppers.org or download our free P3 tip app and submit a tip.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- The New Normal: Car washes adapt to keep staff and drivers safe during pandemic
- Tropical Storm Cristina forms in the East Pacific far from the islands
- State facing massive projected budget shortfalls, increasing to $6.4 billion in 2026
- L&L Hawaiian Barbecue celebrates its 1952 founding with 52 giveaways
- DOE launches new online student bus pass application and payment option