Fiji’s Ministry of Health and Medical Services has confirmed at least 19 cases of measles. The latest case is a 9-month old, who is reported to be in stable condition.
The government issued a statement on its Facebook page.
Response teams have been investigating the outbreak. Quarantines and vaccinations in at-risk communities have been implemented, and non-essential travel is discouraged.
Fiji is about 800 miles away from Samoa, which is also experiencing a measles outbreak.
- Road tests resume on an appointment-only basis
- Second stimulus check: Report shows first payment saved thousands from poverty
- Social Scene: Open Street Sundays
- All lanes on Pali Hwy. Kailua bound are now reopened following fatal crash
- Newsfeed Now: 4th of July party goes viral; Tracking Bruno the Bear