HONOLULU (KHON2) — Hawaii filmmaker Ciara Lacy’s short film “This Is The Way We Rise” has been selected for the Sundance Film Festival.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
The film features native Hawaii activist and poet Dr. Jamaica Osorio and her calling to protect sacred sites on Maunakea.
Lacy is the first native Hawaiian woman to have her work screened at the festival.
The Sundance Film Festival runs from Jan. 28 to Feb. 3.
For details, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Wind advisory in place for large portions of the state through at least late Tuesday
- Love’s closing could be big domino for Hawaii businesses
- Tagging whales to preserve their future
- Families of victims killed in 2019 North Shore skydiving crash file lawsuit, demand jury trial
- Nearly 12,000 Johnson and Johnson doses coming to Hawaii this week