HONOLULU (KHON2) — Visits at the Halawa Correctional Facility have been canceled today due to a power outage in the area.
The facility is operating on backup generators.
Scheduled visitors are being notified. The normal visitation schedule is expected to resume tomorrow.
The Department of Public Safety (PSD) puts out visitation cancellation notices through social media in an effort to get the word out faster to people who are planning to come to the facility to visit a loved one.
To find out more about visitation schedules for each facility go to our website at dps.hawaii.gov.
- Social Scene: Richest Deal In Sports History
- Stimulus check update: Report says White House eyeing $1 trillion package
- Newsfeed Now: Woman gives birth on pontoon boat; Arkansas girl becomes hero
- 103-year-old says 2020 has been the craziest year she’s seen
- Illinois woman charged with battery after dispute with masks, yelling ‘white power’