City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed Tuesday, November 8, in observance of General Election Day, a state holiday.
The following will be in effect:
- Public schools will be closed.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a weekday schedule. For route and schedule information, please visit www.thebus.org.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens, and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be open for the Ringo Starr event only. For more information, please visit www.blaisdellcenter.com or call 768-5252.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing Centers will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will also be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park and metered parking lots.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
To find out more about the election process, click here.