In today’s Hawaii’s Kitchen, we’re learning how to make Cheese Mochi Pon with Brug Bakery. The traditional Brazilian Cheese bread is one of the bakery’s most popular breads.
Brug Bakery is located on the first floor if Shirokiya at Ala Moana Center.RECIPE FOR CHEESE MOCHI PONIngredients:
- 1 1/8 c. Water
- 1 1/8 c. Milk
- 5/8 c. Olive Oil
- 4 1/10 c. Tapioca Flour
- 2 ½ Eggs, beaten
- 2 ½ c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 380° F.
- Bring water, milk, and oil to a full boil.
- Once the milk has frothed up and covered the surface, add in all the tapioca flour and roughly mix in.
- Add eggs in three parts, mixing in between.
- Bring mixture to board and begin kneading until dough forms a glutinous like texture.
- Add parmesan and continue kneading until cheese becomes evenly dispersed and you can’t see any clumps.
- Portion into ping-pong ball size pieces. Round and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 min. or until mochi becomes a light golden brown color.
Yield: about 20 pieces