KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) – Another major earthquake has hit Nepal near the Chinese border between the capital of Kathmandu and Mt. Everest.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake hit with a magnitude of 7.4 in an isolated area just after lunch Tuesday.
It comes after an earthquake on April 25 killed more than 8,150 people and injured more than 17,860 as it flattened mountain villages and destroyed buildings.
In the capital of Kathmandu, the quake sent Nepalese people rushing outside of their homes into the streets. Police gave no immediate of damage.
- 2015-05-12 07:05:19 (UTC)
- 2015-05-11 21:05:19 (UTC-10:00) in your timezone
- 22km (14mi) SE of Zham, China
- 66km (41mi) ENE of Banepa, Nepal
- 69km (43mi) ENE of Panaoti, Nepal
- 83km (52mi) E of Kathmandu, Nepal