HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Prosecutor’s Office says it still wants to try Christopher Deedy over the killing of Kollin Elderts, but will ask an appeals court to let them go beyond assault charges.
The 9th circuit court of appeals ruled that Deedy can be tried a third time but not on murder and manslaughter charges just for assault.
The prosecutor’s office tells always investigating on Friday they will request a full nine-judge review from the appeals court saying the three-judge panels ruling limits their ability to hold Deedy responsible to the degree the law permits for killing Kollin Elderts.
Deedy’s attorney told us Thursday the defense will press to prevent a third trial.
- Chiefs fan draws inspiration from Toy Story movies for new ‘Andy’ Reid tattoo
- 49ers CEO to bring entire organization — including interns — to Super Bowl
- StubHub sells more Super Bowl Tickets to Missouri, Kansas fans than California
- 49ers attend annual House of Prime Rib linemen’s dinner in San Francisco
- Trade winds return for the weekend, but gone again for the new week