HONOLULU (KHON2) — Local counter-protesters outnumbered a couple of demonstrators protesting transgender inclusion at Maui High School.
According to our partner Maui Now, as many as 30 people supporting equality showed up where two Kansas churchmembers from Westboro Baptist had set up to speak against transgender students.
Another 100 counterprotestors waved signs at Queen Kaahumanu Center.
Westboro members are known for derogatory and inflammatory demonstrations nationwide.
For more, log onto MauiNow.com
- Newsfeed Now: US Capitol temporarily locked down, terminally ill man gets matching tattoos with strangers
- Biden inauguration rehearsal evacuated after fire in homeless camp
- Social Scene: Drew Brees and Tom Brady
- History-making woman kicker invited to Biden inauguration
- After this week, you’ll be one step closer to a $1,400 stimulus check