HONOLULU (KHON2) — Local counter-protesters outnumbered a couple of demonstrators protesting transgender inclusion at Maui High School.
According to our partner Maui Now, as many as 30 people supporting equality showed up where two Kansas churchmembers from Westboro Baptist had set up to speak against transgender students.
Another 100 counterprotestors waved signs at Queen Kaahumanu Center.
Westboro members are known for derogatory and inflammatory demonstrations nationwide.
For more, log onto MauiNow.com
- Light and variable winds for the islands through late Friday
- 400 Hawaii residents are among 44,000 participants worldwide selected for Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine trial
- Live performances adapt to bring in revenue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coaches, pediatricians think youth sports can resume while Caldwell won’t budge
- Man arrested for fatal Hakimo Road shooting