HONOLULU (KHON2) — Hawaiian Airlines hosted a special welcome for two World War II veterans Tuesday.
Colonel Clarence Anderson, a World War II pilot and Lieutenant Commander Lou Conter, who is one of three remaining survivors of the USS Arizona… were greeted at Honolulu’s airport shortly around 12:30 p.m.
Conter was given a superstar welcome complete with with a red carpet walkway, patriotic flags, a recognition bell and a group salute.
Both veterans arrived from Sacramaneto and are here to attend the 2019 national Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day that’s being held this week.
To further commemorate their visit to Hawaii, Hawaiian Airlines staffed their flight with an all- Air and Army National Guard flight crew.
- More sunshine across the islands to end off weekend
- Eddie Stansberry’s clutch triple gives Hawaii 76-75 win over UC Davis
- Kicking of the Chinese New Year in the heart of Chinatown
- Kansas couple robbed in broad daylight next to a busy shopping mall
- High school students statewide compete in Hawaii’s first-ever esports state championship